Newberry College’s personal attention to students begins with the recruitment and admission processes. Students typically make initial contacts with the College during college fairs or by contacting the Office of Enrollment Management directly by phone, email or web form. We encourage students to visit campus and have a campus tour and a personal interview.
To be considered for admission to the College as a first-time student, candidates should submit the following:
- Newberry College application form, Common Application, or External Newberry College Partnership Applications
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Official SAT or ACT score reports
- Letter of recommendation from a school counselor or teacher is OPTIONAL
- Personal Statement is OPTIONAL
Certification of graduation from an approved secondary school is required prior to enrollment. The General Educational Development (GED) test is also accepted. Students should present an average score of forty-five (45) on all tests with no individual scores lower than forty (40).
Degree-seeking freshmen who are twenty-five years of age or older, and applying for the regular day program, do not have to submit SAT/ACT scores. High school transcripts or acceptable GED scores are required. An admission interview or placement interviews to assess the student’s qualifications, motivation and recent history may be required prior to a final admission decision.