Special Students

Students enrolled for academic credit who are not degree-seeking students will be classified as Special Students. Students who are non-degree seeking are not eligible for financial aid under federal regulations. Special Students are usually concurrent high school students; students seeking teacher certification only; or any students who want to just take a course for their own self-improvement or enjoyment. In order to move from Special Student to degree-seeking student status, a student must be granted regular admission status by the Office of Admission at least one week prior to the start date for the term in which they plan to enroll.